Mashed potatoes can be rich and decadent. You can make this recipe vegan/dairy-free simply by retaining the water from your boiled potatoes and substituting it for the cream in the recipe.
Needed for this recipe:
• 6 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
• 1/3 cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Butter Olive Oil (dairy free!)
• 2 cloves garlic
• ½ cup half and half cream
• 1 Tablespoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. White Truffle Oil
• 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
• Sea salt and pepper to taste
Optional: sliced green onions or parsley for garnish
Boil potatoes until soft. Drain and mash. If you save the potato water you can add it to thin the mashed potatoes, if necessary.
Warm the olive oils, garlic, cream and cheese in a saucepan (do not boil). Add this mixture to mashed potatoes, then cover and set aside 5 minutes to let set.
Garnish with optional ingredients.