If you can’t make a trip to the Turkey, then why not invite Turkish cuisine to the dining table? This exotic spread is delicious with crudité, crackers, toasts, or even pasta.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Rachel, who works with all our flavours to come up with unique recipes that are healthy and flavourful.
• 2 (7-to 8-ounces) jars roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained*
• 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs (from a baguette)
• 1 cup walnuts (4 ounces), toasted
• 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
• ½ teaspoon cumin
• ¼ cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. UP-Certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil (our favourites for this recipe are Picual, Arbequina, Hojiblanca)
• 2 tablespoons Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Cayenne Olive Oil (optional, for less heat use a milder olive oil)
*also delicious with the Oilala sundried tomatoes we carry
Purée roasted red peppers, bread crumbs, walnuts, vinegar, cumin, cayenne, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a food processor until almost smooth. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until incorporated.
This spread is delicious with crudité, crackers, or toasts, even pasta.
Spread can be made 3 days ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.