Needed for this Recipe:
• 4 cups fresh cauliflower in small pieces – florets only
• 3 cups lightly salted water or chicken stock
• ⅓ cup creme fraiche
• ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons fresh, peppery, green UP extra virgin olive oil (such as Koroneiki)
• ⅓ + 2 tablespoons cup Pecorino Romano, grated
• 3 large cloves whole garlic (optionally roasted)
• 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely minced or snipped
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• fresh ground pepper to taste
Place the florets and water or chicken stock to a simmer in a medium pot. If you are not using roasted garlic, add your fresh garlic cloves to the pot as well, simmer for 6 minutes, and drain thoroughly. Place the still hot, drained florets in a large bowl with the creme fraiche, olive oil, roasted garlic, Pecorino, salt, and pepper.
With an immersion blender (stick blender), processes the ingredients until just pureed or to desired consistency. To finish, drizzle with additional grated Pecorino, a drizzle of olive oil, and chives.
* Serves 4-6 *