Needed for this Recipe:
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
· ½ cup cocoa powder
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1½ cups all-purpose flour
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· ¼ tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. baking soda
· 2 large eggs beaten with enough cold water to equal one cup
· ½ cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Blood Orange Agrumato Olive Oil + more for greasing pans
· Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
· Lightly grease two 9-inch cake pans, one muffin pan, or one 13×9-inch pan with Blood Orange Agrumato.
· Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
· Thoroughly mix together the liquid ingredients in a separate large bowl until smooth.
· Add the dry ingredients in to the wet and mix using a hand or stand mixer on low.
· Pour the mixture into the prepared pans.
· Bake for 30 minutes (cupcakes will take about 15 min.) or until a cake skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
· Make sure to not over-bake the cake. It should spring back when lightly touched, and a cake skewer inserted in the middle of the cake should come out clean.
· Cool for 20-25 minutes before removing the cakes from the pans to cool completely. Apply ganache when cool.
Blood Orange Ganache Ingredients:
· 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
· ½ cup heavy cream
· 1 pinch of sea salt
· Place the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
· Heat the Cream in a sauce pan over medium heat until just about simmering.
· Pour the cream over the chocolate and allow to sit for five minutes.
· Gently whisk the chocolate and cream until smooth, consistent, and free from any lumps.
· Add in the blood orange agrumato olive oil to the chocolate and whisk to thoroughly incorporate.
· Allow to cool until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
· Gently spread the slightly cooled ganache over the the completely cooled cake.
· Serve with lightly Blood Orange whipped cream and a candied orange peel , if desired.
* Serves 12 small but decadent servings. *