Needed for this Recipe:
Spot Prawn Cakes Ingredients:
· 1 pound raw, wild shrimp or Spot Prawns, peeled and deveined, finely chopped
· 1 small red bell pepper, finely minced
· 3 medium green onions, finely minced
· 1/3 cup finely minced cilantro leaves
· 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
· 1 large egg, beaten
· 1 cup + ½ cup panko bread crumbs
· 2 teaspoons sea salt
· Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil Medium or Robust such as Coratina or Picual for frying
· Heat 1″ of UP olive oil in a heavy, wide frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees on a deep fry thermometer.
· In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, reserving 1 cup of panko bread crumbs for breading the shrimp cakes.
· Place the panko crumbs in wide dish.
· Portion the cakes evenly in to four patties and coat thoroughly with the reserved panko bread crumbs.
· Fry the shrimp cakes for 3 minutes per side, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the shrimp cakes are cooked through.
Cilantro-Caper Aioli Ingredients:
· ½ cup high-oleic, GMO-Free, expeller pressed safflower oil
· 1 cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. garlic olive oil
· ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
· 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained thoroughly
· 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon sea salt
· 2 large egg yolks
· 1 tablespoon water
· Place the egg yolks, water, salt, capers, and lemon juice in the bowl of a blender of food processor.
· Pulse to finely chop the cilantro and capers.
· Mix the olive oil with the safflower oil.
· With the motor running, drizzle the oil mixture in slowly, being careful not to pour too quickly.
Simple Baby Greens Salad Ingredients:
· 4 cups baby greens, for serving
· 2 tablespoons UP extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon Honey Ginger White Balsamic
Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic. Toss the baby greens with the vinaigrette and serve the shrimp cakes over the baby greens with a dollop of the aioli.
* Serves 4 *