Check your cupboards!
If you have an old mass-market olive oil (you know, the one you might still use for cooking), then you can enter it in our “Most Rancid Olive Oil” contest. Just for entering you will get a sample of a super-fresh
UP-Certified single-cultivar olive oil with great chemistry for cooking.
Rancid oils are not heat stable and have been nicknamed “fertilizer for cancer cells”. Fresh, high-antioxidant olive oil has a high smoke point and is heat stable.
Grand-prize winner will receive a $50 gift certificate.
1) Bring in 100 ml or more of your mass-market olive oil (in its original bottle) to our store in Lower Gibsons and we will give you a 60 ml sample bottle of a super fresh, UP-certified, single cultivar extra virgin olive oil for you to take home and cook with.
2) Contest ends April 30, 2018 but we reserve the right to extend the contest.
3) Contest applies to in store entries only. (Online orders: see below for how to get your free sample)
4) Prizes can only be claimed in store. Shipping is not included in the prize.
5) Grand-prize winner will be contacted by email and phone by May 31, 2018
6) Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. employees and their families are not eligible to enter.
Some restrictions apply. Limit one entry per customer.
If you can’t make it to our store, if you order by April 15th and follow these instructions, we will send you your free sample in your parcel:
1) reply to your order confirmation with the words ‘enter me’ within one hour of receiving your confirmation email (this does not enter you for the Grand Prize draw)
2) acknowledge that your order online disqualifies you from a second sample if you choose to visit our store and enter an oil in the rancid oil contest (although you would then be entered for the Grand Prize draw).