Needed for this Recipe:
Baking home fries from real potatoes is an easy, delicious alternative to deep-fried fast food. You basically toss the pre-cut potatoes in oil, season and place in the oven.
2 medium-large russet potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
3 Tsp Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Robust Intensity UP_Certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp truffle oil
1 tsp Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Black Truffle Salt
Grated Parmesan cheese
More truffle salt if needed
Fresh cracked black pepper
Fresh parsley or dill
Truffle mayo dip (not optional IMO)
½ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co.Black Truffle Olive Oil
1 tsp Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Black Truffle Salt (add this to taste, some may find this pretty salty)
Blend these together and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving
Tips and Directions
- Preheat your oven to 400F and don’t put your potatoes in until it reaches temperature.
- Russet potatoes are high starch and I find they give the best texture for baked fries.
- Thinner cuts will give you crispy fries. If you like them crisp on the outside and soft inside, cut wedges.
- Generally cut your fries ABOUT the same size
- Use enough oil that all sides of the potato get coated. I like to use two identical bowls and hold them together and shake.
- Flip them NO SOONER then after 15 minutes (or later, but NOT sooner or they just stick). Larger wedges will need moretime before flipping
- If you want an easier clean up, use a silicone mat (I don’t)
- Spread your fried out in a single layer: crucial if you want them to crisp up
- Bake until a deep golden colour, and then maybe another minute or two. Longer is you want them crisper. If you cut wedges, they will need more time.