Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Serves: 2-3
Needed for this recipe:
• 1 chicken breast, sliced into medallions (see below)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 1 heaping Tablespoon flour
• 3 Tablespoons Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, shopped finely
• ¼ cup dry white wine
• 5 cups fresh tomatoes (or 1 large tin of diced tomatoes). I used a mix of Yellow Brandywine, Roma and Cherry tomatoes. If there are a lot of seeds, scoop some out.
• 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
• ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, scissored into slivers
Using a sharp knife set at an angle, slice your chicken breast into medallions’. Hint: if your chicken breast is ½ frozen, it is much easier to do this cleanly. Brush your chicken breast in 1 Tablespoon of Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil. If you have time, let it marinate in the fridge a couple of hours.
An hour before you are planning to eat, heat the remaining 2 Tablespoons of Tuscan Herb Olive oil in a fry pan on medium. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dredge each chicken medallion in the flour, and place them into the frypan. Do not overfill the frypan, and instead, do two batches if necessary. Brown the chicken pieces on each side (approximately 5 minutes per side), then scoop them out of the pan and set them aside.
Add onions and garlic into the frypan, and sauté them about five minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add white wine and reduce by about ½. Add tomatoes and capers, Simmer until the tomatoes soften, about ten minutes.
Add the chicken and let simmer until the chicken cooks completely through.
If your sauce is still watery, remove the chicken pieces and cook your sauce a few minutes, stirring frequently, until it is thick. Add chicken and reheat. Add basil leaves, heating one more minute, then serve.