Needed for this Recipe:
• 2 – 28 oz. cans tomato puree
• ½ cup white wine
• 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 large red bell peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled and chopped, or one jar of roasted red peppers, drained & chopped
• 3 tablespoons Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
• 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
• 4 large cloves garlic, minced
• 1 bunch fresh basil leaves washed, dried, & torn, reserving 6 small sprigs for garnish
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• ½ cup grated Romano Cheese
• 1 cup heavy cream
• sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
• In a medium (5+ quart) heavy stock pot, heat one tablespoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and saute until translucent, for about 3 minutes.
• Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
• Add the white wine and reduce by half.
• Add the chicken stock, roasted peppers, tomato puree, basil leaves and oregano to the pot.
• Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
• Remove the pot from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the hot soup until smooth and creamy in consistency.
• Add the heavy cream and Romano Cheese and stir to combine.
• Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
• Serve individual bowls of soup drizzled with approximately one teaspoon of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and a sprig of basil. Serve immediately.
* Serves 4-6 *