Blood Orange and Tequila-Lime Drumsticks
Marinate: 2 hours
Prep and cooking time: 40 minutes
Needed for this recipe:
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Blood Orange Olive Oil (Whole Fruit Agrumato Style)
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Harissa Infused Olive Oil
• 1 lb. chicken drumsticks, bone in, skin on.
• 2 Tablespoons Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Fused Blood Orange Olive Oil
• ¼ cup tequila
• 1 Tablespoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Persian Lime Infused Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Tamari sauce
• 1.5 Tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Harissa Infused Olive Oil
Brush drumsticks in Blood Orange Olive Oil and marinate in the fridge. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350. Roast chicken in oven 15 minutes, until skin is browned. If skin is not browned, place the drumsticks in a sauté pan and brown the skin.
Place remaining ingredients in a skillet and stir until blended. Cook over medium heat until the sauce boils. Add drumsticks and return the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat, stirring occasionally until sauce has thickened and the chicken thighs are thoroughly cooked.
Dip in ranch dressing OR Persian Lime Aioli
Serve with Margaritas!