** Makes 36-48 **
Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Company Products needed for this recipe:
• 1 tbsp (30 ml) Persian Lime Olive Oil
• ½ cup chopped red onion
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 1 Granny Smith apple diced into ¼ inch pieces
• 5 ounces chicken breast, cooked and shredded
• 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) Cilantro and Roasted Onion Olive Oil
• 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and minced
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk for egg wash
• Sour Cream to serve
• 3½ cups all purpose flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp sugar
• ¼ cup shortening, chilled and cubed
• ¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
• ½ cup ice water
For dough, place flour, salt and sugar in food processor and pulse to combine. Add shortening and butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. With machine running, add ice water, drop by drop until dough comes together. Divide into two balls.
Press into flat rounds, wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
For filling, heat Persian Lime Olive Oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes. Add apples and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove skillet from heat and add chicken, cheese, jalapeno, Gravenstein Apple Balsamic Vinegar and Cilantro & Roasted Onion Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble, place one pastry round onto lightly floured surface and roll to 1/8 inch thickness. Using 3” round cookie cutter, cut into rounds and place onto parchment lined baking sheet. Chill 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Place one teaspoon filling in center of circles; fold circles in half. Pinch edges with fork dipped in flour to seal. Brush tops with egg wash. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to cooling rack. Store in airtight container in freezer up to one month.