** Makes 36 **
Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. products needed for this recipe
• 1 package (2 pieces) frozen puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese + ½ cup grated Asiago cheese
• 1 cup sun dried tomato pesto (see recipe below)
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
• 8 sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
• ¼ cup Asiago cheese
• 2 cloves garlic
• ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
• ¼ cup (60 ml) Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
For pesto: place tomatoes, Asiago, garlic and parsley in food processor and pulse. With machine running, gradually add oil until well combined, set aside.
For crisps: in small bowl, combine cheeses. Roll pastry to a 14 x 10 inch rectangle. Roll out on a sheet of parchment paper and this will make moving the rolls a lot easier. Spread each pastry with half of pesto; sprinkle with half cheese mixture. Roll both long edges together to meet in centre. Chill pastry 30 minutes. Cut each roll into about 18 half inch slices. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, cover and freeze until hardened; transfer to airtight container and store in freezer up to 2 months.
To serve, preheat oven to 425ºF. Place frozen crisps on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to serving platter. Serve immediately.