Another Peppadew recipe! SO EASY and so DELISH!
Needed for this recipe:
• Wooden or metal BBQ skewers
• Bay scallops
• Peppadews (or a spicy sweet marinated pepper)
• Red Onion, chopped in chunks
• 1 cup brown rice or pasta
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Garlic Infused Olive Oil
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Lemon Olive Oil
• Lime Sea Salt
Marinate bay scallops in garlic oil, in the fridge for 1 hour or longer.
If using wooden skewers: soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes or longer.
Make brown rice or pasta according to recipe.
Pre-heat grill to medium. Skewer scallops, peppadews and red onion on sticks/skewers. Brush all ingredients with garlic oil. Place on grill, grilling each side approximately 2 minutes, brushing each side with oil.
For infused rice, add 1-2 teaspoon lemon olive oil to the rice and stir a few times. Sprinkle with infused salt salt (optional). Otherwise, toss pasta with lemon olive oil and infused salt (and vegetables of your choice)
For easy serving, place skewer directly over rice or pasta. For more elegant presentation, slide scallops off skewers and place on top of pasta or rice.