Grilled Herbes de Provence Zucchini
Zucchini, zucchini everywhere. They are available in all the farm stands, and if you aren’t growing them you probably have a neighbour who wants to give some away! Grilled zucchini in olive oil are in the deli section of every supermarket in Italy. We lived on these when we were there.
Needed for this recipe:
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Herbes de Provence Infused Olive Oil
• ¼ cup or less Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ½ cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Herbes de Provence Oil
• 4 zucchini sliced thinly and lengthwise (I used my mandolin set at level 2)
After you have sliced your zucchini, place the pieces on a rack to ‘air out’. I use my baking cooling racks. Sprinkle LIGHTLY with salt, and let the zucchini ‘sweat’ for 30-60 minutes. Pat the zucchini dry. Heat your BBQ to medium. Brush robust oil on both sides of each zucchini piece, and grill the pieces 1-2 minutes per side, until the zucchini has grill marks but isn’t too charred. Cover with Herbes de Provence oil and marinate a few hours in the fridge.