Needed for this recipe:
I like to choose a savoury oil, such as a Picual
• ½ teaspoon coarse salt
• 1/3 cup pine nuts
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated fine on a zester
• 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• ¼ cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
• 5 good-sized handfuls of fresh basil
• 8-12 Tablespoons Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Robust Olive Oil
Using the blade setting on a food processor, spin the salt to ‘grind’ it. Add pine nuts and garlic. Spin again. Add the basil leaves and chop them up in the food processor. With the blade spinning at low, add grated cheese, then drizzle in olive oil until the pesto runs smooth.
Serve over pasta noodles, gnocchi or a combo of noodles, potatoes and green beans.