Hummus with an Asian Twist
Hummus is one of those divine foods that originates in the Middle East. This version has an Asian twist thanks to the intervention of the divine sesame oil.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Rachel, who works with all our flavours to come up with unique recipes that are healthy and flavourful.
• 2 – 15 oz. cans organic chickpeas, drained
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Roasted Japanese Sesame Oil
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1/3 cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Certified UP Extra Virgin Olive Oil of your choice or Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Milanese Gremolata, Garlic, Persian Lime, Lemon or Blood Orange Olive Oils.
• 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve and drizzle additional, fresh olive oil over the top when serving.