This recipe is courtesy Chef Rachel, who finds wonderfully creative uses for all our olive oils.
• 3 cups unbleached organic flour
• 2 cups granulated cane sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 finely grated orange peel
• 1 cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Blood Orange Olive Oil
• 2 large room temperature eggs, whisked
• 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
• Powdered sugar for garnish
• Preheat the oven to 350° F.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, blood orange olive oil, orange juice, and eggs. Beat on medium speed until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
• In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and remaining dry ingredients.
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three stages, beating in between each stage until no dry spots remain.
• Pipe the cookie dough using a pastry bag fitted with a star shaped pastry, portioning approximately two teaspoons of dough per cookie, onto a parchment lined cookie sheet pan. Alternatively, use two spoons to drop batter onto the cookie sheet. Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes.
• Increase the heat to 425° F and bake for an additional 2 minutes to aid in creating a golden brown exterior. Remove the cookies to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remainder of the dough. When fully cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
**Yields about 48 cookies**