The European way of making potato salad is to use oil and vinegar instead of mayonnaise.
Needed for this recipe:
- 2 lbs of russet potatoes, cut into ‘quarters’ (bite sized pieces)
- Salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ red onion, chopped fine
- 4 Tbsp Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Sicilian Lemon Aged White Balsamic
- ¼ teaspoon salt or less
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot or green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Dill Infused Olive Oil
Boil the potatoes: Cook until just tender, about 7 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. They should be a little firm so do not overcook them.
Make the vinaigrette while the potatoes are cooking. Whisk all the dressing ingredient except the olive oil, then slowly whisk in the olive oil.
3 Toss warm cooked potatoes with vinaigrette: When the potatoes are ready, strain them and discard the water. In a large bowl toss the still warm potatoes with the vinaigrette, garlic, parsley, red onions.