Matt’s Chipotle Espresso Sliders with optional Chipotle Mayo
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 7 minutes
Needed for this recipe:
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Chipotle Olive Oil
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Aged Espresso Dark Balsamic
• 1 cup lean ground beef (approx. .225 kg)
• 1 Tablespoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Chipotle Infused Olive Oil + more for brushing grill
• 1 Tablespoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Espresso Dark Balsamic + more for ‘dragging through’
• ½ teaspoon sea salt – ideally a slightly smoky sea salt
Marinate meat in salt, balsamic and olive oil for a few hours if possible (mix well then leave in the fridge)
Pre-heat your grill. Brush grill with Chipotle Oil. Grill burgers at a medium temperature until cooked through. The grapes in the balsamics will burn if you use too high a heat or if you forget to flip the meat. Remove burgers from grill.
Drizzle fresh balsamic with a dash of salt on a plate, and drag your cooked burgers through the balsamic/salt before placing on your bun. Can be served with typical toppings, or a 10 second mock aioli of your choice.
You can make your own mock chipotle mayo in seconds! Also works beautifully with many of our oils (try lemon or lime on seafood, herbes de provence on chicken, harissa to add an East Indian flavour to your sandwich). Liven up your lunches by whisking together:
• 1 part Hellmann’s mayonnaise
• 1 part Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Fused or Infused Oil
• A dash of salt of your choice