Needed for this Recipe:
· 1 – bone-in skinless smoked ham, shank or butt end portion, 6-8 lbs.
· 1/2 cup Aged Maple Balsamic Condimento, or Aged Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Condimento (or a combination of both)
· 2 tablespoons Dijon or grainy mustard (or a combination of both)
· Preheat the oven to 325°F.
· Line a large roasting pan with foil.
· With a sharp knife, score the fat all over the ham in a diamond pattern.
· Place the ham, cut side down, in the roasting pan and cover tightly with foil.
· Bake for 20 minutes per pound LESS 35 minutes. (so for an 8 pound ham, bake 6 x 20 minutes (i.e. two hours) then proceed:
· Meanwhile, reduce the balsamic by about 1/3, by gently simmering it in a medium saucepan set over low heat. This process should be done slowly, taking approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
· When the balsamic has become thick and syrupy, remove from heat and whisk in the Dijon mustard.
· After baking for an hour, remove the ham from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 350°F.
· Using a pastry brush, liberally apply the balsamic glaze all over the ham, paying special attention to working it into the scored portions.
· Cover just the shank (bone) end with a small piece of foil to prevent it from burning.
· Return the uncovered ham to the oven and roast for approximately 35 minutes, or until the glaze has caramelized and the ham is golden brown.
* Serves 8 *