Delicious warm out of the oven, this recipe is all the more moist and flavourful because it uses olive oil instead of butter or shortening. Whole-wheat flour and honey make this loaf more substantial tasting than most banana bread recipes I have tried.
Needed for this recipe:
• Substitutions: Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Blood Orange Olive oil
• 3 Tablespoons + ½ teaspoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. 100% Dairy-Free Butter Olive Oil
• ½ cup locally sourced honey
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup ripe bananas
• 1/3 cup cashew milk (or soy or cow’s milk)
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix honey and 3 Tablespoons Butter Olive Oil together, then whisk in eggs, bananas and milk.
Mix dry ingredients separately, and then fold them into the wet ingredients. Do not over stir.
Grease a loaf pan with ½ teaspoon Butter Olive Oil, and pour batter into greased pan.
Bake for approximately an hour. The colour should be a rich brown. Cool on a rack.