Matt excels at simple recipes that use few ingredients, and this wonderful recipe is no exception.
Needed for this recipe:
• 1 Tablespoon + ½ teaspoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Maple Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar
• ½ teaspoon Vancouver Island Sea Salt Smoked Salt
• 2 salmon steaks or fillets
• in season vegetables for garnish
Combine 1 Tablespoon Smoked Olive Wood Olive Oil, 2 Tablespoon Maple Aged Dark Balsamic Vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon
Vancouver Island Sea Salt Smoked Salt. Brush on raw salmon steaks, then drizzle with remainder and marinade at least one hour prior to cooking.
Pre-heat BBQ to low.
Grill salmon on direct heat, flipping ½ way through cooking. Immediately after you turn the salmon, drizzle remainder of marinade over top of salmon and grill 2nd side until desired doneness. Discard any leftover marinade.
Combine 2 teaspoons Maple Balsamic and ½ teaspoon Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil. Once you have plated the salmon you can add optional garnish, but be sure to drizzle the oil and vinegar mixture over top of each steak. Serve immediately