Liven up this everyday recipe with our Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and Fig Balsamic.
Needed for this recipe:
• ½ medium yellow onion, diced finely
• ½ yellow pepper, diced finely
• 3 Peppadew peppers, diced, finely
• 3 Tablespoons Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Tuscan Herb Infused Olive Oil
• 1 large garlic clove, crushed
• 1 cup drained diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
• 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• ½ cup bread crumbs
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. smoked applewood sea salt
Preheat oven to 350.
Sauté the peppers, onion and garlic in 1 Tablespoon Tuscan Herb Olive Oil until softened. Add drained tomatoes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix eggs, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, smoked salt and remaining 2 Tablespoons of Tuscan Herb infused olive oil. Add beef and mix. Add sautéed vegetables and mix.
Press the meat and vegetable mixture into a loaf pan, and bake on the middle rack of your oven for 50- 60 minutes until cooked through. Drain off excess liquid and then let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Slice into 1 inch thick pieces, and drizzle with fig balsamic (or even better, our fig balsamic that you have reduced).