Deep Fried Oysters
Gosh these were good!
Needed for this recipe:
• A low-smoke point, high-in antioxidants UP-certified olive oil. (I chose our Garlic Olive Oil and it worked marvelously)
• A low-smoke point, high-in antioxidants UP-certified olive oil. (I chose our garlic oil and it worked marvellously)
• Fresh Oysters
• 1 Egg white
• Panko Bread Crumbs
• Peppadew pepper diced finely
• Mock Persian Lime Aioli* (a blend of Hellman’s mayonnaise and Persian Lime Oil)
* this works well with other oils, such as Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co Chipotle, or Lemon.
Pat oysters dry.
Blend bread crumbs, and Peppadews. Drag oysters through egg white and then bread crumb mixture.
Use a deep fryer set to 375 degrees. Once your oil has reached this temperature, drop your oysters in, one at a time. Don’t add too many or it will cool the oil. Let deep fry approximately 2 minutes, depending on oyster size, until batter is crisp and oyster is cooked through. Drain on paper towels. Serve with a mock aioli of your choice. Please note: a good deep fry should have a crisp, not soggy or oily outside coating and the oyster should be ‘steamed’ inside. It shouldn’t be greasy!