Orchid Lime Salad
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Lynn Grossutti of Green Planet Foods
Needed for this Recipe:
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co.Butter Flavoured Olive Oil
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co Cilantro and Roasted Onion Olive Oil
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Thai Lemongrass-Mint White Balsamic
• Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Japanese Roasted Sesame Oil
• ½ cup (250 ml) peanut butter, smooth
• 1 lime, juice and zest
• 2 tsp (30 ml) Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Japanese Roasted Sesame Oil
• 4 tsp (20 ml) sweet chili sauce
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Thai Lemongrass-Mint White Balsamic
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) tamari or soy sauce
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh ginger peeled and grated
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Cilantro and Roasted Onion Olive Oil
• 1 16 oz pkg medium Thai rice noodles
• 1 kettle boiling water
• 2 tbsp (30ml) Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Japanese Roasted Sesame Oil
• 2 carrots, julienned
• 2 cups bean sprouts
• ½ long English cucumber, seeded and julienned
• 1 red pepper julienned
• 1 bunch green onions
• 2 tbsp Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Dairy-free Butter Olive Oil
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) toasted sesame seeds
• Pinch of Chinese five spice
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• Fresh Cilantro for garnish if desired.
• Blend all dressing ingredients except Sunshine Coast Olive Oil Co. Cilantro and Roasted Onion Olive Oil with a hand held mixing wand or in a food processor until just mixed.Add oil in a steady stream while mixing until incorporated.
• Place rice noodles in a large bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 10 minutes or until just tender.
• Drain into colander, rinse with cold water, place back in bowl and toss with 2 tbsp (30 ml) sesame oil.
• Add julienned carrots, cucumbers, red pepper, bean sprouts and green onions to noodles and set aside.
• Heat Butter Flavoured Olive Oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add slivered almonds, sesame seeds, Chinese five spices and salt and toss until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Add sugar and toss for another 30 seconds.
• Remove from heat and cool.
• Add dressing to noodles and mix gently together with your hands or wooden spoons.
• Garnish with almonds, toasted sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.